Monday, May 7, 2012

Update and small endgame lesson

I have been busy lately. I am preparing a week long chess camp for this summer (3 hours per day for 5 days). I have been thinking about this topic for over a year and gathering notes, but organizing the topic and creating the materials is acting like a full time job. I expect to be done by the end of May.

Tactics, Tactics, Tactics is the working title.

I am also working out lesson plans for the Kings Indian Attack. The idea is to present the material needed for a beginning tournament player to use the opening. I hope both more basic explanation than a Starting Out book, but also broader. Several of the local scholastic players have been using a Barcza setup for white, and I thought  at least a pamphlet on the KIA would be a good idea.

Endgame lesson materials derived from Nunn's Understanding Chess Endgames




No comments:

Post a Comment