Sunday, December 31, 2017

Chess Journal

The purpose of this blog is to act as my chess journal, to make me put into words what I am learning, following the concept that one understands something more deeply if they can explain it to others.

Even if you do not want to expose your weaknesses to the world in a blog, you should keep a chess journal. Your annotated games, master games, opening tabia and lines, chess problems that you found difficult, and anything else that writing down will help you remember. A spiral bound notebook, loose leaf binder, a collection of folders, a word file in the cloud or a combination work.

As I look back on this year, I have learned things I have not put into words. I need to be diligent in doing this work.

I have learned things, and have examples from my games that I should have used to make blog posts.

Most of what I have been learning has been middle game and endgame strategic ideas. It is much easier to write about openings or tactics than those topics.

There are two big tournaments coming up. The Winter Open Jan 27-28 and the Minnesota Open Feb 23-25. I have post worthy material from the Senior Open, Northern Open, and the TCCL games.

New Year's resolution to carve out some time to write posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment