Friday, June 10, 2011

Rochester Summer Open 2011 results

I am a little in shock. The field was very strong, and I scored 3.5 out of 5, including a win and a draw against experts for a class A norm. I made a really stupid blunder early against IM Sean Nagel, so I missed a great chance for an educational game.


All four of my positive results had some element of time pressure on my opponent, I did much better at controlling my time. My practice with the move method may be working. Though I seem to have reached a plateau on chesstempo.com in the low 1800s the tactics practice may be helping, too.


My endgame seems a little stronger.


I will be on vacation for a while. I expect to play in the Columbus Open (Ohio) in early July. I may get one video made before the end of June, otherwise, stop in in mid-July for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment