Sunday, July 10, 2011

Columbus Open 2011

I got 3.5 out of 5 for sole possession of the under 1900 prize. I was lucky, there were lots of under 1900 players at 3.0 points to share the 2nd place under 1900 prize. It may be the last under 1900 prize I will be eligible for.

I reentered after I lost my Friday night game to a National Master, who ended up taking 3 place. My reentry was not fortuitous. I thought I might get lucky and get paired down. Close, if one less higher rated player had entered, I would have been at the bottom of the top half, ...but... I ended up at the top of the bottom half and got to lose to Grandmaster Sergei Kudrin. Highlights of the tournament were my last round draw with a National Master, and my Saturday night win that that went till 78 moves and ended after 1:00am.

No one that I knew from 35 years ago was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment