Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Programming problem with chess app

Just venting a bit

I am working on an Android app to help me study chess. I hope to make it useful enough to sell.

I want to use text areas and chess fonts to make some of the programming easier, but all of the good free fonts are not working with Android. (Except ChessAlpha2, which is not free for commercial use)

I guess it is known that some fonts just silently fail, but I cannot find what makes them fail. (I could fix them).

(If the app caught on I was intending to add a free upgrade to allow for various fonts and pay for a ChessAlpha license then)
.

1 comment:

  1. I did write my "apps" for my ipod in HTML/JS. Of cause they are hard to sell but easier to devlop Is your app finished? What is it about?

    ReplyDelete